For those in the Scarlett Road / Dundas Street West / St. Clair Avenue West area of Toronto, the City has completed its Environmental Assessment to "address existing traffic safety and operational concerns and long term mobility needs" at this complicated and potentially dangerous interchange.
The recommended design includes two lanes in either direction with a bike lane on Scarlett Road.
As reported in the November 27 TCAT News e-Bulletin, following a motion initially moved by Councillor Adrian Heaps, City Council agreed to revise its bike lane approval process. At its meeting on Tuesday, the Executive Committee approved the new process.
At its meeting on November 19-20, City Council will vote on a motion by Councillor Adrian Heaps, requesting staff to report back to Executive Committee on streamlining of the bicycle lane approval process.
1. TCAT Supporter Survey – TCAT calls on its supporters to complete a short on-line survey
2. Centennial Park Masterplan – Public Meeting, November 1st, 6:00 pm
3. Sustainable Transportation Initiatives – City report goes to City Council October 22nd – 23rd
4. Queens Quay Revitalization – Public Consultation process
5. Knox Contra-flow Bike Lane Installed!